Seasonal Hair Loss
We all know that feeling...when you run your fingers through your wet hair and clumps of it cling to your wet fingers.
These moments are usually followed by a minor panic attack followed by thoughts running through your head thinking you're about to go bald at any given moment.
Rest assured, you're going to be just fine and may very well just be dealing with seasonal hair loss.
You see, depending on the person, around fall or even into late fall-early winter, as the weather starts to turn colder, this is actually quite normal.
The thought here is your body actually likes to hold onto extra hair during the summer months to protect itself from the sun. Sort of a natural defense shield.
So, as the weather starts to transition into fall and winter, our body tells us we no longer need that hair and it naturally starts to shed them, which may result in a temporary increase in shedding compared to what you normally experience.
Other reasons for increased hair shedding/loss:
-Major change in diet
-Pre and Perimenopause
WHAT IS HAIRAPY ESSENTIALS?
Hairapy Essentials is an exclusive hair care line specifically designed for you, resulting from the feedback I receive each and every day from real guests that sit in my chair.
Want all to know all the details?
The French Haircut
WHAT IS A FRENCH HAIRCUT?
"Ok...didn't think I would notice anything different about the cut, but I totally do and I absolutely love it!"
I recently took an hands-on French Haircutting class and let me just say...it has been a game changer for my guests.
You may be wondering...what's so different about a French Haircut:
-The hair is cut to have more movement and texture, giving soft, almost invisible layers while keeping the ends thick and healthy.
-By removing the weight throughout the interior of the hair while watching how the hair moves and reacts, I'm creating soft layers without any harsh lines.
-The French Haircut creates a relaxed, tousled look with a lot of invisible layers to give you a soft, femanine hair that you can style as little or as much as you like and still turn heads.
Knotty to Nice
7 THINGS YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW TO PREVENT WINTER HAIR DAMAGE
1. Shampoo less often to help with itchy, flaky scalp. When you shampoo too often, you wash away your scalp's natural oils which help protect your scalp during these harsh winter months.
2. Switch to a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Blasts of cold air are not good for any type of hair. The only way to combat it; extra moisture. I recommend Hairapy Essentials Moisture Balancing Shampoo and Conditioner.
3. Commit to weekly treatments to keep hair hydrated. Dry air also means all hair textures should focus on weekly hair treatments to replace lost moisture. I recommend Hairapy Essentials Moisture Retention Treatment Mask.
4. Use a leave-in Conditioner to combat static. My favorite go to is Hairapy Essentials Magic Leave-In. It's a light enough formula for all types of hair and can be used on wet or dry hair. This formula is also one of my favorites because it's a great detangler and helps protect the hair from breakage.
5. Cut down on your heavy heat-styling routine. All the heat and dryness will result in split ends and breakage. Get creative and try some protective styles such as braids, twists, buns and ponytails to give your hair some time off from the heat routine. Try using Hairapy Essentials Healing Control Cream throughout your hair, then putting your hair in one or two braids to sleep in. Wake up and run your fingers through your hair for some beautiful loose heat free waves.
6. Wear a hat in the winter? Warning: Wool, cotton, and other coarse fabrics can cause split ends and breakage. Make sure your hats are lined with satin to prevent breakage.
7. Use dry shampoo to revive your style in-between shampoos. Always dread 'hat head's in the winter time? Or feel like your hair just seems lifeless? Dry shampoo work great to keep the hair fuller and easier to add volume to your style during those days when your hair just needs a little boost. My go to is the Surface Trinity Dry Shampoo. I love it because it doesn't leave a residue and gives you just enough texture without feeling too much like a hairspray.
Treat and Heal Menu
STIMULATING SCALP TREATMENT:
Therapeutic scalp care that increases cellular rejuvenation resulting in a healthier scalp producing healthier hair. For people with thinning hair, fine hair, dandruff, psoriasis, dry itchy scalp or oily scalp.
2-Step in-salon hair treatment to remove hard water and mineral deposits, improve brightness and vibrancy, reveal light-weight, free-flowing locks with body, bounce and shine.
MEGA MASK TREATMENT:
Mega Mask is intended to provide deep, intense conditioning and a care extender to provide ultimate vibrancy that lasts up to 3 shampoos.
CUSTOMIZED CHEMISTRY TREATMENT:
Heat damage, chemical damage, dry/brittle, color seal, all of the above. This is an intense, in-salon professional strength treatment that can be customized according to what I think your hair needs based on your feedback and can last up to 4 weeks.
ULTIMATE HAIR REPAIR TREATMENT:
The most luxurious, top of the line, reconditioning treatment I have to offer your hair. I will cover all the bases, and finish off with a refreshing peppermint scalp massage. Your hair has never felt so good!
ALL TREATMENTS NOW FEATURE NEW AROMATHERAPY HOT TOWELS INFUSED WITH ESSENTIAL OILS AND INCLUDE YOUR SHAMPOO + STYLE.